Procedure for Awarding a Travel Grant
SFK can pay travel costs for those who have to travel in order to participate in events in Kazakhstan or abroad (“events” are conferences, symposia, trainings, seminars, education programs, rounds, etc.).
Terms and conditions of travel grants
The Foundation can provide travel grants for participation in events if all of the following conditions are met:
- The application is directly related to the prioritized programs of SFK as defined in the SFK strategy and the screening criteria confirm that the applicant can efficiently fulfill the goals and objectives of the project.
- The applicant is not a member of the Expert Committee or the Board of Trustees. If any conflict of interest arises, the Conflict of Interest Policy should be referred to.
- The application must include the applicant’s CV, official invitation, program of the event, and, if a speech is to be delivered at the event, the abstract of the report that should not exceed two (2) pages.
- Information about travel grants should be widely disseminated (via the SFK website, social networks, emailings and other methods of distribution not prohibited by law).
- The grant provision terms should be indicated in the grant agreement.
- After the event, performance and financial reports are to be requested from the Grantees.
- The reports should be verified in terms of compliance with the goals and terms of the grant.